Agile , Brain , Cognition , Decision Awareness , Estimating , GTD , Howto , Iterative , Lean , Memory , Mind , Mind Map , Mind Mapping , Mind Maps , Procrastination , Psychology , Repertoire , Sustainable Pace , Thoughts , Time Management , Uncategorized , Visualizing
It’s six years since Pomodoro Technique Illustrated was published. It’s translated into many languages and there’s 250 000 copies sold. Now, the sequel is almost here.
Cover image for my second book is ready. Full manuscript is written. Chinese publisher signed and translator is working hard. English publisher to be presented soon. It’s an exciting time. I hope you’ll enjoy the book and that it’ll make you more successful.
Agile , Brain , Cognition , de Bono Hats , Decision Awareness , Getting Things Done , GTD , Howto , Memory , Mind , Mind Map , Mind Mapping , Mind Maps , Overlearning , Pomodoro , Pomodoro Technique , Pomodoro Technique Illustrated , Procrastination , Psychology , Repertoire , Scrum , Thoughts , Time box , Time Management , Uncategorized , Visualizing
As you may or may not know, I’m writing a sequel to the 200K+ bestseller Pomodoro Technique Illustrated. I’ve written 1/3 in two months’ time.
Maybe you can guess the subject matter from the working title Productive People. Other hints are the references I’ve done so far in the text:
- Amabile, Teresa M. et al. – Time Pressure And Creativity In Organizations: A Longitudinal Field Study, Harvard Business School, 2002.
- Anokhin P.K. – The forming of natural and artificial intelligence, Impact of Science on Society, 23, 3, 195-212, Jul-Sep 1973.
- Ariely, Dan, Wertenbroch, Klaus – Procrastination, Deadlines, and Performance: Self-Control by Precommitment, Psychological Science May 2002 vol. 13 no. 3 219-224.
- Aristotle – Rhetoric, Courier Corporation, 2012.
- Aronson and Mills – The effect of severity of initiation on liking for a group, Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 59, 177-181, 1959.
- Atay S, Karabacak Ü. – Care plans using concept maps and their effects on the critical thinking dispositions of nursing students, International Journal of Nursing Practice, 18:233–239, 2012.
- Atchley, Ruth Ann, Strayer, David L., Atchley, Paul – Creativity in the Wild: Improving Creative Reasoning through Immersion in Natural Settings, Journal PLOS ONE, December 12, 2012.
- Barker, Alan – How to Solve Almost Any Problem: Turning Tricky Problems Into Wise Decisons, Pearson, 2012.
- Beck, D. M. & Kastner, S. – Top-down and bottom-up mechanisms in biasing competition in the human brain, Vision Research, 2008.
- Beilock, Sian L. and Carr, Thomas H. – On the Fragility of Skilled Performance: What Governs Choking Under Pressure?, Journal of Experimental Psychology: Vol. 130. No. 4. 701-725, 2001.
- Bengtsson, Christina – Konsten att fokusera: 10.9, Volante, 2015
- Brann, Amy – Make Your Brain Work: How to Maximize Your Efficiency, Productivity and Effectiveness, Kogan Page, 2013.
- Brooks, Frederick P. – The mythical man-month: essays on software engineering, Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1975.
- Buzan, Tony, Buzan, Barry – The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain’s Untapped Potential, Dutton, 1993.
- Černe, Matej, Nerstad, Christina G. L., Dysvik, Anders, Škerlavaj, Miha – What Goes Around Comes Around: Knowledge Hiding, Perceived Motivational Climate, and Creativity, Academy of Management Journal, 2014, Vol. 57, No. 1, 172–192.
- Coan, James A., Schaefer, Hillary S., and Davidson, Richard J. – Lending a Hand: Social Regulation of the Neural Response to Threat Psychological, Science, December 2006 17: 1032-1039.
- Cobham, Alan – Priority Assignment in Waiting Line Problems, Operations Research 2: 70–76, 1954.
- Covey, Stephen R. – The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Simon & Schuster, 1989.
- De Bono, Edward – De Bono’s Thinking Course, Pearson Education, 2006.
- De Bono, Edward – Six Action Shoes, HarperCollins Canada, Limited, 1991.
- DeDonno, Michael A. and Demaree, Heath A. – Perceived time pressure and the Iowa Gambling Task, Judgment and Decision Making, Vol. 3, No. 8, December 2008, pp. 636–640.
- Doran, G. T. – There’s a S.M.A.R.T. way to write management’s goals and objectives, Management Review (AMA FORUM) 70 (11) 35–36, 1981.
- Duhigg, Charles – The Power of Habit, Random House, 2012.
- Dunne, Keiran J., Dunne, Elena S. – Translation and Localization Project Management: The art of the possible, John Benjamins Publishing, 2011.
- Durant, Will – The Story of Philosophy: The Lives and Opinions of the Great Philosophers, Pocket Books, 1976.
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. – The American Presidency Project, Speech number: 204, Title: Address at the Second Assembly of the World Council of Churches, Location: Evanston, Illinois, Date: August 19, 1954.
- Farrand, P., Hussain, F. and Hennessy E. – The efficacy of the ‘mind map’ study technique, Medical Education, Vol. 36 (5), pp 426-431, 2002.
- Fast, Nathanael J., Tiedens, Larissa Z. – Blame contagion: The automatic transmission of self-serving attributions, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology 46 (2010) 97–106.
- Festinger, Leon – A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance, Row, Peterson, 1957.
- Forster, Mark – Secrets of Productive People: 50 Techniques To Get Things Done: Teach Yourself, Hachette UK, 2015.
- Gladstones, William H., Regan, Michael A., and Leeb, Robert B. – Division of attention: The single-channel hypothesis revisited, The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology Section A: Human Experimental Psychology, Volume 41, Issue 1, 1989.
- Godin, Seth – The Dip: A Little Book that Teaches You when to Quit (and when to Stick), Portfolio, 2007.
- Goleman, Daniel – Emotional Intelligence: Why it Can Matter More Than IQ, Bloomsbury, 1996.
- Greist-Bousquet, S., Schiffman, N. – The effect of Task interruption and closure on perceived duration. Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society, 30(1), 9-11, 1992.
- Hamer M, Chida Y. – Physical activity and risk of neurodegenerative disease: a systematic review of prospective evidence, Psychological Medicine, Jan, 39, 2009.
- Heinrichs, Jay – Thank You for Arguing: What Aristotle, Lincoln, and Homer Simpson Can Teach Us about the Art of Persuasion, Three Rivers Press, 2007.
- Hobbs, Charles R. – Time Power, Harper & Row, 1987.
- Hogue, W. Dickerson – What does priority mean?, Business Horizons, Volume 13, Issue 6, December 1970, Pages 35-36.
- Hummel, Charles E. – Tyranny of the Urgent, Inter-Varsity Press, 1967.
- Johnson, P.B., Mehrabian, A., Weiner, B. – Achievement Motivation and the Recall of Incompleted and Completed Exam Questions. Journal of Educational Psychology, 59(3), 181-185, 1968.
- Jönsson, Bodil – Tio år senare: tio tankar om tid, Brombergs, 2009.
- Jönsson, Bodil – Unwinding the Clock: 10 Thoughts on Our Relationship to Time, Harcourt, 2001.
- Keller, Gary – The One Thing: The surprisingly simple truth behind extraordinary results, Hachette UK, 2013.
- Lakein, Alan – How to get control of your time and your life, New American Library, 1974.
- Lally, Phillippa, van Jaarsveld, Cornelia H. M., Potts, Henry W. W. and Wardle, Jane – How are habits formed: Modelling habit formation in the real world, European Journal of Social Psychology, Volume 40, Issue 6, pages 998–1009, October 2010.
- Little, J. D. C. – A Proof for the Queuing Formula: L = λW. Operations Research 9 (3): 383–387, 1961.
- Loprinzia, Paul D. , Cardinalb, Bradley J. – Association between objectively-measured physical activity and sleep, Mental Health and Physical Activity, Volume 4, Issue 2, December 2011, Pages 65–69.
- Maltz, Maxwell – Psychocybernetics: A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life, Wilshire Book Company, 1976.
- McKeown, Greg – Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, Random House, 2014.
- Mittone, Luigi and Savadori, Lucia – The Scarcity Bias, Applied Psychology, Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 453–468, July 2009.
- Ohno, Taiichi – Toyota Production System: Beyond Large-Scale Production, CRC Press, 1988.
- Oncken Jr , William and Wass, Donald L. – Management Time: Who’s Got the Monkey?, Harvard Business Review, November–December 1974 Issue.
- Parkinson, Cyril Northcote – Parkinson’s Law, The Economist, November 19 1955.
- Pink, Daniel H. – Drive: The Surprising Truth about what Motivates Us, Riverhead Books, 2009.
- Poppendieck, Mary, Poppendieck, Tom – Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2006.
- Sanders, Jeff – The 5 A.M. Miracle: Dominate Your Day Before Breakfast, Ulysses Press, 2015
- Sohlberg, McKay Moore, Mateer, Catherine A. – Introduction to Cognitive Rehabilitation: Theory and Practice, Guilford Press, 1989.
- Surowiecki, James – The Wisdom of Crowds, Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, 2005.
- The war of the rebellion: a compilation of the official records of the Union and Confederate armies, Series 2 – Volume 7, Government Printing Office, 1899.
- Tracy, Brian – Eat that Frog!, Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2001
- Vohs, Kathleen D., Redden, Joseph P., and Rahinel, Ryan, Physical Order Produces Healthy Choices, Generosity, and Conventionality, Whereas Disorder Produces Creativity, Psychological Science 24(9) 1860–1867.
- Wilson, Timothy D.; Gilbert, Daniel T. – Affective Forecasting: Knowing What to Want, Current Directions in Psychological Science 14 (3): 131–134, June 2005.
- Wiseman, Richard – The Luck Factor, Arrow, 2004.
- Zeigarnik, Bluma – Das Behalten erledigter und unerledigter Handlungen. Psychologische Forschung 9, 1-85, 1927.
Graphical documentation and visualizing are hot subject matters in the second wave of Agile. We have started a community in Swedish that we call GrafDok. So far we have a discussion list at Google Group and yesterday we had our first IRL gathering. The latter was very fun and worthwhile. There’s a report at http://grafdok.wordpress.com with loads of pictures and a few Swedish words from that event.
How can you join the GrafDok community? Join the discussion list:
What if you don’t speak Swedish? There’s a sister discussion list in English, started by the Belgian Agile profile Yves Hanoulle. You find it here: